Symptoms of Sugar Withdrawal
When you first go off sweets, your body can have quite a reaction. Below are some common symptoms of sugar withdrawal.
There is also a lot of good information in the comments, so take a moment to scan through them as well.
- sweating (without physical strain)
- jitters/shaky hands
- low energy
- loss of sleep
- lack of motivation
- strange dreams
- anticipated rituals unfulfilled
- overspending on stuff (when you would have purchased snacks)
- possible weight gain
- constipation or diarrhea
- strong hunger
- not feeling satisfied even after eating a lot
- frequent urination
- strong thirst
- the need for naps
- heavy deep naps that can last up to four hours if you lay down mid-day
- transference of compulsive behavior to other areas of you life (smoking, drinking, sex, gambling, shopping or more productive things like biking, knitting, yoga, and tai chi, sex, etc.)
Also see Why Quit Sugar.